Summer is here and that means our makeup is put to the test. Here are a few tips we have learned when dealing with summer, heat and makeup:
1. Always start with clean moisturized skin.
2. Use an oil free foundation with an spf. Loreal makes a wonderful base in the True Match® line. The concealer, foundation and powder are all matched by corresponding numbers.
3. Use a gel blush that can double as a lip color – the pigment is strong and won’t wear off in the heat. Our favorite is Smashbox O Glow®; it comes out of the tube clear and once it touches your cheek it turns your perfect color of pink! It does the same for the lips as well.
4. For the eyes use a cream eyeshadow and a gel waterproof eyeliner. MAC and Bobbi Brown both have wonderful waterproof cosmetics.
5. Don’t forget to curl your eyelashes and use a waterproof mascara such as Covergirl Prolash® in black-black.
6. Remember summer is all about bare skin so use cosmetics sparingly and with a light hand.